Designing a social media strategy for your business is no longer an option – it’s a must. Businesses that continue to ignore social media are taking a huge risk of losing businesses that have figured out how to make social media work to their advantage.
In fact, your business is on social media whether you choose to accept it or not. Go to facebook and type in your business name and see what you find. Go to sites like yelp.com or even Google and see what you find. Your business is likely there – and YES, your prospects are looking for you there so it makes sense to have a Social Media Friendly business
Businesses that have made their business social media friendly have established:
1. Who their target customer is by creating a “customer avatar”. They know their customer’s demographics, likes, interests, and behaviors and tailor their messaging to these people.
2. A communication channel between their customers and prospects on social media
3. Media to convey products/services as well as values and FAQ… videos, images, and articles.
4. A budget to promote content to it’s following and others that meet their target audience requirements.
5. Special offers to attract their target audience on social media invest in building sales funnel to optimize their offer on social media
6. Invested in building sales funnels to optimize their offer on social media
7. Pixels on their website so they can target people that visit specific pages of their website (for re-targeting).
8. A “distribution” channel where they can communicate and make offers to their following at the push of a button.