Your customers and prospects have more choices than they have ever had... so when they are searching for someone to help them, you must understand they are really only looking for TWO things.
- They have a problem/desire they want solved.
- They want an expert to guide them at the beginning, during and after the problem/desire is solved.
In short, they want is to be taken from sad face to happy face.
😢 to 😀
That's it... fulfill those two things well and you will have customers that returns to spend money with you over and over again.
Start looking at your customers problems and desires... then become the expert that is qualified to guide them to the promise land.
BTY= Be. Their. Yoda.
The only way to be a Yoda to your customers/prospects is by establishing trust.
👉 Build trust by designing an EXCELLENT customer experience before, during and after the sales process.
Some of the critical things your customers and prospects are evaluating during the process (to decide if you are their Yoda):
- It starts by what they find online about your business. When they Google you, what do they find? Good reviews, Bad Reviews, No Reviews?
- Does your website load fast in their browser -or- does it take a little longer than most so they just move on the the next business?
- Can they connect with you through messenger or chat without having to call you first? (I will admit, this annoys the crap out of me; however, this is the current market we live in. People are looking to message/chat with you before investing time in a phone call).
- When someone does call - how was the call handled? Was the call even answered? Poor call handling is one of the top reasons why businesses are not hitting their revenue goals.
- How long does it take you to respond to their inquiry? More than 5 minutes? Chances are they have already reached out to 2-3 other businesses while they waited on you.
- After they inquired, how many times did you follow up with them? Once? Twice? If you didn't follow up at least five times and your competitor did... you likely lost the first sale (notice I said FIRST sale-- because if you want predictable revenue in your business, you need to focus on REPEAT purchases).
- Did you add value to their lives when they did reach out to you (free of charge). Value can come in many forms... educational content on their problems/desires, a free offer that entices them to try your products or services or even just a warm conversation that puts THEM first. They will tell if it's authentic... and if it is, you could be their Yoda.
- After the sale, did you communicate with them to make sure they were pleased? If they had concerns - did you address them?
Having a great product or service offering is only part of the equation... you must EARN the customers trust first before they will consider you as their YODA.
By focusing on the customer experience before, after and during the sale - you will BECOME their Yoda and they will buy from you over and over again!
To Your Success,